True Blood Twitter

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Learning to love yourself

The Greatest Love of All
by George Benson
I believe the children are our are future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Everybody searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone to fulfill my needs
A lonely place to be
So I learned to depend on me

[Chorus:]
I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

[Chorus]

And if by chance, that special place
That you've been dreaming of
Leads you to a lonely place
Find your strength in love

Compare it with this one :

I've Never Been To Me
By Charlene
Hey lady, you lady, cursing at your life
You're a discontented mother and a regimented wife
I've no doubt you dream about the things you'll never do
But, I wish someone had talked to me
Like I wanna talk to you.....

Oh, I've been to Georgia and California and anywhere I could run
I took the hand of a preacher man and we made love in the sun
But I ran out of places and friendly faces because I had to be free
I've been to paradise but I've never been to me

Please lady, please lady, don't just walk away
'Cause I have this need to tell you why I'm all alone today
I can see so much of me still living in your eyes
Won't you share a part of a weary heart that has lived million lies....

Oh, I've been to Niece and the Isle of Greece while I've sipped champagne on a yacht
I've moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got
I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see
I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me

[spoken]
Hey, you know what paradise is?
It's a lie, a fantasy we create about people and places as we'd like them to be
But you know what truth is?
It's that little baby you're holding, it's that man you fought with this morning
The same one you're going to make love with tonight
That's truth, that's love......

Sometimes I've been to crying for unborn children that might have made me complete
But I took the sweet life, I never knew I'd be bitter from the sweet
I've spent my life exploring the subtle whoring that costs too much to be free
Hey lady......
I've been to paradise, (I've been to paradise)
But I've never been to me

(I've been to Georgia and California, and anywhere I could run)
I've been to paradise, never been to me
(I've been to Neice and the isle of Greece while I've sipped champagne on a yacht)
I've been to paradise, never been to me
(I've been to cryin' for unborn children that might have made me complete)
I've been to paradise, never been to me
(I've been to Georgia and California, and anywhere I could run)
I've been to paradise, never been to me

Both are about KNOWING YOUR SELF.
Orang di lagu pertama Sudah menerima keadaan dirinya, sementara orang di lagu kedua blm bisa menerima dirinya.
"Learning to Love yourself" VS "I've been to paradise But I've never been to me"
The first one has already love himself but the second one hasn't.
Why? because he has FOUND himself, meanwhile she has so many regrets to find herself.

I'd love to be the first one, I'm trying to be.
BUT sometimes It is HARD Enough to love yourself when those people keep asking you to do more, meanwhile you have reached the best of you!
And that's make you hate yourself for you cant fulfil their requests.
It is HARD enough to see The Disappointed Look in their eyes, faces, and/or body languages, when you cant do what they want!
And it getting HARDER when they keep saying : "you can do better than this, d'you know?"

And the hardest part coming from inside!
"Oh come on, try harder!" while you tired enough...

I was almost cracked up when I was in my last year of college.
Because of the pressures inside and outside, and yes, the hardest one was coming from inside of me. I hate myself for cant do this and that.
Getting worse by the people around me, the excitements and the HOPES from their eyes.
I hate myself, I hate them, I hate you, I hate everybody!

When finally I got this A.md or A.mad or A.Md (oh, whatever!) behind my name, I dont think I'm worth enough to have it. I dont write it anywhere, unless when I have to. (And That's why I forget how to write it, hihihihihi).
I'm FAR From it... Much further from it.

The more I learn, the smaller I become.
The more I remember, the more I forget.
The more I have, the more I lose.
The more I give, the more I asked.
The more I love, the more I hate.

Funny But TRUE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To love yourself is never easy. But at least you can start by accepting yourself and not blaming others for any misfortunes you have in your life. Or ask for an exception.

And being yourself doesn't mean that you have to meet other's expectation. Although, of course, when it comes to parents, you should think twice, for usually, they have more virtue than us, the youngsters.

Only my two cents.